音標：[ (h)wait ] 發音:
- Mr. bush has entered and hosted the white house .
- Her white wool gloves lay in her lap .
- Red plums stand out against the white snow .
- He carried his white shirt over his arm .
- I like red wine better than white .
- There's too much white of egg in this mixture .
- Most old films were made in black and white .
- A white censor was standing over me .
- Fold in the beaten whites of two eggs .
- The hard wind was rolling small white waves .
- of or belonging to a racial group having light skin coloration; "voting patterns within the white population"
- being of the achromatic color of maximum lightness; having little or no hue owing to reflection of almost all incident light; "as white as fresh snow"; "a bride''s white dress"
- of summer nights in northern latitudes where the sun barely sets; "white nights"
- anemic looking from illness or emotion; "a face turned ashen"; "the invalid''s blanched cheeks"; "tried to speak with bloodless lips"; "a face livid with shock"; "lips...livid with the hue of death"- Mary W. Shelley; "lips white with terror"; "a face white with rage"
同義詞：ashen, blanched, bloodless, livid,
- (of hair) having lost its color; "the white hairs of old age"
- (of coffee) having cream or milk added
- (of a surface) not written or printed on; "blank pages"; "fill in the blank spaces"; "a clean page"; "wide white margins"
- benevolent; without malicious intent; "that''s white of you"
- glowing white with heat; "white flames"; "a white-hot center of the fire"
- restricted to whites only; "under segregation there were even white restrooms and white drinking fountains"; "a lily-white movement which would expel Negroes from the organization"
- marked by the presence of snow; "a white Christmas"; "the white hills of a northern winter"
- free from moral blemish or impurity; unsullied; "in shining white armor"
- turn white; "This detergent will whiten your laundry"
- (usually in the plural) trousers made of flannel or gabardine or tweed or white cloth
同義詞：flannel, gabardine, tweed,
- (board games) the lighter pieces
- the quality or state of the achromatic color of greatest lightness (bearing the least resemblance to black)
- the white part of an egg; the nutritive and protective gelatinous substance surrounding the yolk consisting mainly of albumin dissolved in water; "she separated the whites from the yolks of several eggs"
同義詞：egg white, albumen, ovalbumin,
- whiteとは意味：White House n. ホワイトハウス; アメリカ大統領の職; アメリカ政府.【動詞＋】◆enter the White House ホワイトハウス入りをする, 合衆國大統領になる◆Theodore Roosevelt left the White House in 1909. セオドア ルーズヴェルトは 1909 年にホワイトハウスを去った◆lobby the White House (院...