音標：[ drɔp ] 讀音:
過去式:dropped 完成式:dropped 名詞複數:drops 進行式:dropping
- He used to fight at the drop of a hat .
- Old mrs. blenkinsop dropped a curtsey .
- He was closemouthed and did n't drop a hint .
- She read a few lines and dropped the volume .
- Take care not to spill a drop of the medicine .
- The colonel's eyes dropped with tiredness .
- A few drops of wine had spilled upon the table .
- Thus, the terminal voltage drops to zero .
- Drop your cigarette ashes into the ashtray .
- For he knew he wanted him to drop it .
- the act of dropping something; "they expected the drop would be successful"
- a central depository where things can be left or picked up
- a curtain that can be lowered and raised onto a stage from the flies; often used as background scenery
同義詞：drop curtain, drop cloth,
- a sudden sharp decrease in some quantity; "a drop of 57 points on the Dow Jones index"; "there was a drop in pressure in the pulmonary artery"; "a dip in prices"; "when that became known the price of their stock went into free fall"
同義詞：dip, fall, free fall,
- a free and rapid descent by the force of gravity; "it was a miracle that he survived the drop from that height"
- a predetermined hiding place for the deposit and distribution of illicit goods (such as drugs or stolen property)
- a steep high face of rock; "he stood on a high cliff overlooking the town"; "a steep drop"
- a small indefinite quantity (especially of a liquid); "he had a drop too much to drink"; "a drop of each sample was analyzed"; "there is not a drop of pity in that man"; "years afterward, they would pay the blood-money, driblet by driblet"--Kipling
- a shape that is spherical and small; "he studied the shapes of low-viscosity drops"; "beads of sweat on his forehead"
- give birth; used for animals; "The cow dropped her calf this morning"
- grow worse; "Her condition deteriorated"; "Conditions in the slums degenerated"; "The discussion devolved into a shouting match"
同義詞：devolve, deteriorate, degenerate,
- fall or sink into a state of exhaustion or death; "shop til you drop"
- stop pursuing or acting; "drop a lawsuit"; "knock it off!"
- lower the pitch of (musical notes)
- go down in value; "Stock prices dropped"
- change from one level to another; "She dropped into army jargon"
- leave undone or leave out; "How could I miss that typo?"; "The workers on the conveyor belt miss one out of ten"
同義詞：neglect, pretermit, omit, miss, leave out, overlook, overleap,
- omit (a letter or syllable) in speaking or writing; " New Englanders drop their post-vocalic r''s"
- utter with seeming casualness; "drop a hint"; drop names"
- lose (a game); "The Giants dropped 11 of their first 13"
- take (a drug, especially LSD), by mouth; "She dropped acid when she was a teenager"
- cause to fall by or as if by delivering a blow; "strike down a tree"; "Lightning struck down the hikers"
同義詞：fell, strike down, cut down,
- leave or unload; "unload the cargo"; "drop off the passengers at the hotel"
同義詞：drop off, set down, put down, unload, discharge,
- get rid of; "he shed his image as a pushy boss"; "shed your clothes"
同義詞：shed, cast, cast off, shake off, throw, throw off, throw away,
- let or cause to fall in drops; "dribble oil into the mixture"
- to fall vertically; "the bombs are dropping on enemy targets"
- let fall to the ground; "Don''t drop the dishes"
- fall or descend to a lower place or level; "He sank to his knees"
同義詞：sink, drop down,
- pay out; "spend money"
- terminate an association with; "drop him from the Republican ticket"
- stop associating with; "They dropped her after she had a child out of wedlock"
同義詞：dismiss, send packing, send away,
- hang freely; "the ornaments dangled from the tree"; "The light dropped from the ceiling"
dropping 中文, drop wort 中文, coal drop 中文, drop press 中文, tail drop 中文, drop arch 中文, dropping bottle 中文, drop valve 中文, drop hammer 中文, droout of the school 中文, droout point 中文, droout school 中文, droout(of) 中文, drooverboard 中文, drop [bob] a courtesy 中文, drop a bad habit 中文, drop a ballot into the ballot box3 中文, drop a bomb 中文,